October 26, 2012

Lonliness


Do you ever get that profound sense of longing for someone to share the world with… To share your world with them and them to share theirs with you?  According to Genesis, that’s innate in all people.  It's a product of our design by God to be relational with Him and with each other.  I long to know and spend time with a spouse who, in tern, I hope, has the same desire for me.  Now I know I will never be fully understood by that special someone… I’m not blind to the thought that if I end up sharing all of my thoughts and experiences with them, I will never learn a thing about them in return…. So that puts me and others in a quandary: How will we ever perfectly satisfy this sense of wanting to be known and knowing another?  One word:  Heaven.  An eternity of getting to know God and enjoying the world in which He has made in all its intended majesty, splendor, purity, and perfection.  We will also be developing our relationships with each other in the process. 
Sometimes I’ve wondered if that will ever get old.  I mean, give me a new thing and eventually I’ll get sick of it, break it, lose it, or just plain “get used to it”.  That’s what I’ve wondered and been fearful about concerning Heaven.  Isn’t it going to get old and boring?  I mean, there won’t even be days anymore.  We won’t even have the same sense of time…  but then you also have to remember that all of these old things will pass away… our sense of time being wasted or never enough… our sense of aging and getting weaker.  There’s no more pain or sadness… no more depression or sickness.  No more doubt or isolation or hiding.  Only the purest, clearest, most transparent and loving relationships that can possibly be.  Only the perfectly intended created aspects of our current likve will remain.  There won't be sin to hinder our lives anymore.  I bet we don’t even misunderstand each other anymore.  So much to think about… the implications. 

Please share your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment